1. Let’s recap how your 6 month of pregnancy went, shall we?
This month has been a whirlwind. With the focus of getting ready to host Christmas and all the holiday festivities I’ve been attending; I’ve kind of, sort of, haven’t had a minute to remind myself that I’m…well, pregnant.
…and now, with a blink of an eye, I’m starting my 28th week. A.K.A.: I’m in my last trimester. Did you hear that, MY LAST TRIMESTER! Let’s just take a moment to let that one sink in…
2. Your thoughts now that you know it’s a boy?
I wasn’t kidding when I mentioned in my gender reveal that it took me a month to come to grips that I was having a boy. With a pregnancy that is completely opposite than my first, coupled with testing out every old wives tale; it seemed clear as day that I was having a girl. I mean, who goes out and starts buying girl clothes, shoes, and accessories? Oh wait, me…
Good thing I’ve got friends with baby girls that I’ve been gifting my adorable girl collection to.
3. What’s on your baby to-do list?
I’m feeling the pressure…(and I’m not talking the baby lying low on the belly)…I’m talking about the pressure to do two things:
(1) I’ve got to get the nursery down, stat. A white nursery is what I’ve coordinated thus far, but that’s about it. I’m working on finding unique art to hang on the wall. Got any leads, friends?
(2) To sort through Harrison’s baby boxes to pull out all of our “first year” necessities. Plus, the task of re-washing all of his newborn and 0-3 month clothes. I took a sneak peek at my son’s old clothes and I’m giddy with excitement of how cute I once dressed my little man :).
4. What are you wearing as of lately?
The chill in the air finally arrived in our coastal town, so I’ve been rocking my maternity jeans paired with my regular tops. On foggy mornings I’ve also been throwing over a vest to complete my look; just like I’d say I would in my Maternity Style Hacks post. In fact, I’ve been incorporating all those looks into my wardrobe. It has saved me some precious money on maternity clothes and my wallet likes that ;).
I’m pretty happy to report my foot has remained the same size (unlike my last pregnancy). Good thing because I’ve been living in these new kicks…they are what I call “Holiday-preppy meets California-street.” (P.S. they are on sale now at Madewell…if you fancy them too!)
I’ve also been accessorizing my look with this engravable necklace from Stella & Dot. I’ve basically become obsessed with their gold-plated jewelry line. So much so, I’m currently hosting an online trunk show you can visit here.
5. What was your 6th month highlight?
Getting this baby bump into a fitted black dress for my hubby’s work party. It was a proud moment and HAD to be shared on Instagram.
6. Lastly, the dreaded weight gain question? Spill the beans…
I’m up 20 pounds now, but catch me on a scale after a meal and let’s call it 22 lbs.