When starting a new year, many of us make plans to resolve issues that we aren’t happy with. My particular goal is to get better organized. With that said, I’ve turned to Pinterest to help organize my life.
A couple of years ago, I started Pinterest as just an outlet to pin all of the things that inspired me. I’d tell myself, I’m going to do that, or make that or try that, etc. As time went by, my individual boards became cluttered. In the spirit of organizing my life, Pinterest is now playing a key role in doing just that. Now I want to share exactly how I got organized. Who knows, maybe it will inspire you too 🙂 .
Here are 5 Ways to better use Pinterest:
1. Breakdown your categories: Sure, it’s great to have a home decor board but if that board has over 200 pins, I’m sure it’s hard to go back and reference those particular ideas you once had in mind. I broke down my home inspiration board into several “Dwell” categories. That way when I’m ready to design a room; I’ll have a clearer way of seeing what styles, colors, and objects I’d want in that particular room.
2. Create shopping lists: I know that some pins are wishful thinking, but there are times when you do want to recreate certain looks. Once you find that item, add it to your shopping list for when you’re ready to purchase.
Another good idea: you can also use this board to comparison shop. I’m currently doing just that for return address stamps I’m interested in. (I think I’m favoring this stamp…)
3. Pin locally: Pin local places to go and restaurants to eat at. That way, you’ll never be lost for words on “where should we eat?” or “what do you want to do today?”
4. Don’t forget about your pins: Every once and awhile look back at your categories and pins. Maybe there’s a recipe you’re in the mood to make? Or recreate a photo you liked? Or pick up that book you wanted to read?
5. Add Users: You can’t be on Pinterest or on the internet all day so there’s no way you could possibly scope out and find all the amazing things that are out there. Why not add family or friends to particular boards? This works great for those planning an event or relaying a recipe you know someone would appreciate.
Another idea: Create a “Gift Guide” board and invite those who you’d get gifts for during the holiday’s or for their birthday. That way, they can show you what they want rather than just telling you. You can do the same, and add your wish list list items as well.
Now, how does that sound? Pretty “do-able” way to get organized, right? Before creating this post, I spent my free time getting my Pinterest boards organized. I have to say, I feel good about it. I no longer have those lists of restaurant recommendations scattered around, I have a better idea of meals I can cook for my family, and those family memories that I love capturing on my camera; are all in boards that I can easily find them in. I invite you to take a look at my Pinterest page and let me know what you think? Got any other great ideas to better use Pinterest? I’m curious to hear and maybe I can incorporate it into my resolution 🙂 .